Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Un an! et plus

So my blog hit a year without an audience or at least one that shows itself. I only just noticed and I don't mind really because it's like that feeling of freedom when you think no one is looking. You sing loudly and dance, furtively swaying your hips and head wildly. Although I have been trying to learn more from veteran bloggers and surprisingly they are all extremely young, I dare say babes! A little late on the bandwagon I discovered Tavi Gevinson 15 year old blogger of the style rookie and rookie. She  has effortlessly shot up the popularity ladder. After pondering her success I am more convinced that life begins, crests and recedes before we turn 30... and there it goes. See it in the sunset? Missed like a shooting star.
Equipping our kids with a good start is extremely detrimental these days, heck, their competition is lying right next to them in the nursery at birth. In fact from the time they roll over they should recognize that the other kids in daycare are their potential customer base and their audience. But seriously, kids like Gevinson have adapted to their surroundings and learned to market what they know to who they know, doing what comes naturally and accepting who they are (at least in the beginning). I was never a business woman in my early years but I was always an innovator style wise by necessity. I always thought I'd be in music and fashion and so it comes out in my topics a lot. In the meantime hats off to Tavi and her ilk. May they take advantage of these years to benefit themselves. I will clink my champagne glass to myself -because I'm older than 21 and will find any excuse to drink champagne- for continuing the bollogness!
When you get here you can celebrate with me although it's nice to know you work alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment