Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Music by mood

Someone needs to invest in marketing music by mood. I would do it, except the Mark Zuckerbergs of the world are the ones who really benefit from these ideas. Isn't it true that depending on your mood you'll have a bout of motivation to purchase a collection of music? With my vastly varying degrees of numbness it happens infrequently but it happens nonetheless. I recently purchased Jesca Hoop's Hunting my dress and paired it with Brandi Carlisle's Give up the ghost and Jessica Mayfield's Tell me. They're experimental, inventive, reflective and slightly melancholy bordering on Kate Bush. That's about my second general mode, my modus operandi usually being that of angst but there have been occasions facilitating the purchase of Black eyed peas or Sean Paul numbers. It would be easier  to visit Amazon and step into a music genre if you're feeling happy, jilted or on a world deterioration rant for example. In the meantime I am determined that I want to remake this inspirational Kate Bush song - Cloudbusting into something with more angst-like beats.



And why is it that these days most music lack that feel good rush of excitement and adrenaline? Think  


I guess what could be more adrenaline inducing than jumping out an airplane than sex right? Apparently it sells. I know that mood genre would be flying off the shelves anytime all the time. Well if they at least took the time to stop and consider what music they wanted in the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment