Friday, March 19, 2010

3.5 hrs sleep

Spin cycle class was not my best today although I thoroughly appreciated the 'Sweet disposition' inclusion in the soundtrack. Thanks Michael! (He probably will never read this) I woke at 5:45 am to attend this 7 am class, why? because I insanely allowed my spin class instructor to convince me that I should join his team and train for the MS ride for a cure. Honestly I was motivated by the 'it's a good way to get in and stay in shape. I had to register online and then you're encouraged to raise funds so friends and family could support and sponsor you. On my page - as part of the promotion- there's a whole pitch paragraph or two on why I chose to ride which was clearly a lie and so as a way of remedying by bruised conscience I decided to educate myself on the disease. I thought the best way to parallel describe what I read about the disease and what happens in the body is by likening it to electrical wires. Which is appropriate since the disease is basically interruption of electrical signals. Just imagine that your brain is connected to different parts of the body through wires and wires are usually insulated by a thick plastic covering that protects the wires from being eroded and causing further problems in the circuit. Well in the case of this disease the plastic covering of the wires connected to the spine are experiencing scarring (scleroses) causing wire exposure and short circuits or no signal at all and then of course imagine the kinds of problems a person can then experience if their spine doesn't work.

And so by late morning my short attention span was in high gear hopping on to every and any subject it could find. I stumbled upon this blog and at first I couldn't figure if the person was male or female - no sarcasm intended. Then I browsed enough content to conclude she was highly sexirized. Women who are anti feminine stereotyping always seem to focus on liberation through sex. And although most women don't know much about themselves and sex (My own stereotyping - she'd be pissed); it's just another form of enslavement in my opinion. I decided on lunch which was no different in mode as I couldn't decide on which soup so I concoted corn green chili thai curry chicken gumbo bisque - not bad at all. Wish I had a pic! Now segway - I saw an organized tour group on Segways which until now I'd only seen in Italy (where've you been all this time!). Looking forward to dinner Post 360. Are you getting somewhere or did you get lost in Amsterdam?

No comments:

Post a Comment