Saturday, December 14, 2013

HAIM gonna burst if I listen to the wire one more time.

Alright so we get it...you kids missed out on the 80's/90's transformation. The group of sisters' sound is a conundrum of Vampire Weekend, Shania Twain, Sheena Easton, Lisa Lisa cult jam, Heart, the list goes on. I guess that's ok for the newer generation especially with the likes of Miley C and what's her face Roar girl. But if you don't want to get I know I know I know stuck in your head for days don't listen to the wire song. It's highly addictive because of the repetitive method similar to Diane Young but it's so reminiscent of Shania Twain i keep expecting to hear at any moment "Man I feel like a woman". The girls lack some originality but by bringing back the sound of the 80's in HD they get hair-raising effects and a reluctant fan base being pulled kicking and screaming. They definitely don't need saving. With a look like Axl Rose and Poison but with modern fem sensibilities they are quite confident in their crossovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment