Wednesday, August 1, 2012

On a health kick

I have been absent I know. Hey who really has time to do this? It truly requires dedication. So give some applause to me for getting back because I am dedicated. Right? I can hear the "yeah right"s echoing across the land now. Well, like I said I've been on a health kick and sort of a fitness kick because of course it's been quite some time since that bike ride and me almost making it back to my size 4 (The ghostly figure I reach for and it fades into the mist in my hands never to be graspable ever again). I am not endorsing this image by the way. I have become quite happy with being decently figured. Sometimes skinny looks horrible on people. So I try to find ways to up my fitness level before I turn into a pumpkin (shape). Ever heard of this Insanity program? If you have maybe you were sick one day from work and ended up on the couch watching daytime tv and saw the "for just 3 payments of ..." ad. Exactly what happened to me and for the first time ever I called that 1800 number for my special offer. It cost much- to put it nicely- but I was determined to prove that it worked if I worked. So I started pounding the mat and the sweat poured and then all I noticed was that I was getting stronger but less and less able to walk up or down stairs. I visited my doctor and he said I developed patellar's syndrome. Well what is that?? It means that the moving tracks on the front of my knees that stretch and contract when I bend and extend were coming out of alignment. So doc what do I have to do? He said "rest". And how did I develop this condition doc? "most likely the intense exercises you've been doing." So how do I prevent it from happening again doc? "Through exercise as your legs and knees get stronger" So how do I strengthen them if I can't exercise doc? "I know it's a vicious cycle but for now rest and you can start physical therapy." Well there goes my health kick! I know...don't worry that I've given up - I haven't- I'll be back Shaun T! and I'll be cursing at the screen just like before!

No comments:

Post a Comment