Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Shoe Snob

I've become a shoe snob. At some point in my recent life I developed an aversion to shoe shopping. Don't get me wrong I love to admire shoes; I might go crazy over a new style or even design one in my head or dream of having a shoe company but that soon turns into a slow churning feeling of needing to expel my lunch. It gets worse when I go shopping for shoes. It has seriously baffled me as to what has occurred in my psyche. I have reasoned that it could be associated with the lack of comfortable shoes wherein shoe wearers these days always have to sacrifice comfort for style; or maybe it's my inability to withstand the stilt walking heights heels have gone to when I can't even bear to walk in 2 inches. But then again I have also developed malcontent and boredom of shopping even for clothing. It might have started when my shoe loving -bordering on hoarding that could soon enough warrant an episode of the program Hoarders on A&E- aunt Gloria (recall your favorite Gloria song here mine being by U2) offered me a look into her stash to pick out any I liked. I recall an ecstatic cry as I dove in like a contestant on Supermarket sweep then I picked so many that I eventually paused as my eyes dilated and inside me something changed. I dropped most of the ones I picked and chose a few rather simple ones turned my back on the rest and never looked back. I have since never feigned any excitement except for a mere appreciative comment on a particularly interesting design and color. Another issue I have with shoes is lack of arch cushioning because my arches seem to be high and the pressure places can shift your bones and cause bunion forming and bone pain. All in all I really would like to design shoes with both fashion sense and common sense but it may be a dreamscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment